[ltp] ACPI problem (bis)

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:33:27 -0600 (CST)

Uwe:

The A22p supposedly uses the Rage 128 Mobility chipset.  The fixes given for the Radeon problem did not fix the problems with my A22p, even after I added it to the list.  I think that my system has a problem with ACPI and should be updated.  I plan on doing so this evening.  In any case, I'm moving to a distribution that does not use the 2.6 kernel (and may never do so as the distribution's leader sees no need to do so, yet.)  I will stick with what works with this system (BIOS based APM) for now too.  I was glad to get SS2 working with ACPI and hope that someone fixes the A22p in the future.

James McKenzie

 > On Mo, 2005-02-28 at 08:21 -0600, James Mckenzie wrote:
 > > I don't know why, but if I left my scripts at 700, they did not run if
 > > I was an ordinary user.
 >
 > Strange.
 > As I said, I checked mine and they get correctly executed by root (owner
 > of the running acpid process).
 >

 > > system is not ACPI compliant or appears to be so.  When I suspended
 > > through ACPI, the Bay would not shut down as well as several other
 > > subsystems, which ended up with a high power consuption very close to
 > > the system at full run.
 >
 > You probably know, but:
 > There has been *a lot* of discussion about a similar issue recently on
 > the list (with Bob Alexander's T40). And the following Thinkwiki page:
 > http://www.thinkwiki.org/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sleep
 >
 > Finally, it wasn't the ultrabay (light stays on under ACPI, thats
 > right), but the radeon graphic chip that burned the power in
 > suspend/sleep mode.
 >
 > However, there is none information about the A22, so I do not know, if
 > it is of any help for you.
 >

 > Greetings, UW(e)

This message was sent from a PCS Phone from Sprint.
Get a free PCS Mail account!
Sign up via the Web Browser on your Sprint Phone
or at http://www.sprintpcs.com.