[ltp] Need BIOS update for T22

Wookey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:06:31 +0000

Hi people,
Just had this list pointed out to me.

I wanted to update the BIOS on my T22, type 2647, running (Debian)
GNU/linux. But when I tried to do so using IBM's website I found it makes me
download the file via some crazy java app that doesn't work (it starts but
says it has no file to download).

The file I need is this one: spsd1632.exe
from here:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4VWP54

Even better would be a dd-able image to copy onto a floppy so I don't have
to fettle up a DOS boot floppy from somewhere.

Can anyone oblige with a copy please?

(and how on earth did IBM manage to produce a system which stop you
downloading files from the net - that takes real effort in this day and
age!) mutter, grumble.

I also have a problem with my nipple randomly not working. Does anyone know
why (I can do a complete power down and sometimes it comes back, but
sometimes it doesn't. Sleeping and resuming can also sometimes bring it
back, but mostly it doesn't.). I have very little idea what is going on here
but it's a right pain....clues welcome.

TIA

Wookey