[ltp] Glitches on new R51 install...

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:54:02 +0100

Hi there,

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 09:47:20 -0500, rst@ai.mit.edu <rst@ai.mit.edu> wrote:
> *) ACPI suspend-to-disk seems to work, but it surprises me by losing
>    time; I'd have thought that the clock chip would still be running
>    even when the rest of the machine is off.

You should be using the hibernate-script that can be found somewhere
around the swsusp-Homepage - edit the config-file, there is an option
to sync the machine's time to and from the hardware clock. If you
can't find it, I can have a look in my config.

> *) The Conexant HSF modem driver works, but even after an ATM1 and ATL3,
>    I get no audio while dialing.  (That can make it a whole lot harder
>    to debug the interface with strange hotel phone systems).

Don't know if you are aware of this: There is a mixer channel called
"Phone", at least on my X30, with which you can adjust the modem
volume level. Try alsamixer and look out for something. Don't forget
to unmute that channel.

I don't know, but the "PC Speaker"-channel could also help you silence
the bell...

HTH, Heiko