[ltp] Xandros

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:13:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, SOTL wrote:

> On Sunday 02 January 2005 10:13 am, Donald B. Altman wrote:
> >
> > BTW - I think you can do much better on hard drives.  Check outpost.com
> > or pricewatch.com.  I got a 60GB 18 months ago for under $200.
> > Currently, the 80G Toshiba notebook drives are going for about $121.
>
> Where? Not at our local CompUSA. For that price all I could get was a $20
> GB which fully loaded would not accommodate 2 operating systems and my
> data much less with my normal partition configuration.

Well yeah.  For bargains, don't count on CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy et
al.  One 2.5" Western Digital Caviar (for example) is as good (or bad, if
you prefer) as another.

GEMINI:  Your birthday party will be ruined once again by your explosive
flatulence. Your love life will run into trouble when your fiancee hurls a
javelin through your chest.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_