[ltp] Xandros

Ted Cook linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:03:25 -0700

SOTL wrote:
snip

> Thanks for the feedback. I could just feel it in my bones that that article
> was a bunch of !@#%&*.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

I think you are being a bit harsh in your assesment of the article. If I
am not mistaken, the author, Joe Barr, is well known and well respected
within the Linux community, dating back to the original LinuxWorld webzine.

I've been running Xandros 2.5 Business since August on a T42, and with
some exceptions that appear to be handled in the new 3.0 release (wifi
support), I've been very pleased. If you are a non-technical user like
me, who has no need or desire to tinker with or compile source, you will
likely be very please with Xandros. If you like to get in up to your
elbows modifying and configuring your system, this probably isn't the
distro for you.

-Ted
--
Ted Cook