[ltp] Glitches on new R51 install...

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:56:03 +0100

--=-diacNJCJhhx07DBI0Y5r

Hi,

> *) ACPI suspend-to-disk seems to work, but it surprises me by losing
>    time; I'd have thought that the clock chip would still be running
>    even when the rest of the machine is off.

The internal hardware clock is still ticking. But the linux kernel keeps
it's own time as soon as it's running. Hence after a suspend to sleep it
is out of sync and needs to be resynced with the hardware clock (as is
normally done on bootup).

>    Suspend-to-RAM *looks* as if it works, but drains power excessively,
>    as if the machine was still on standby, rather than asleep.

Thinking about this, doesn't the fact that the clock keeps running in
suspend-to-ram mean that the processor keeps running then? I mean, some
part of the kernel must still be running to keep the time going, right?
Wouldn't this explain the power drain?

Andr=E9.

--=-diacNJCJhhx07DBI0Y5r

--=-diacNJCJhhx07DBI0Y5r--