[ltp] G41 ACPI Suspend to RAM

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:34:59 -0700

Lupine wrote:

>>>[Sun Jan  2 18:13:00 2005] completed event "ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080
>>>00001004"

Make sure that the config file has an event described for this.

> Above, when you mentioned "echo -n mem > /sys/power/sleep"  did you mean
> "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state" instead?  There is no /sys/power/sleep
> only
> state.

This is correct you should be able to suspend to memory if you type in
echo -n mem > /sys/power/state

You can get available states by typing in
cat /sys/power/state
I think the response for my A22p was mem and disk only.  You may get a
different set of responses.

Try the cat command before you send everything out to the problems web
page at ibm-acpi.

--
James McKenzie