[ltp] G41 ACPI Suspend to RAM

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 23:03:10 -0700

Lupine wrote:

> Above I mentioned that I have:
> #/etc/acpi/events/sleep
> event=(button/sleep|ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001004)
> action=/etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh
>
> Is this what you are referring to?

Yes.  What are the contents of the sleep.sh script?

> The cat command shows this:
> #cat /sys/power/state
> standby mem disk
>
> When I type "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state" again, nothing happens.

Does your system beep you?

> I'm tailing my /var/log/kern.log and /var/log/syslog.log, while I'm
> still running acpid in debug mode.....and in the 4th terminal when I
> type "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state" I see no output at all in any of
> the screens.  Should I?

If I remember correctly, you should see no output but your system should
suspend to memory.

Also, what happens when you type in 'echo -n standby > /sys/power/state'?

It could be that the wireless or network subsystems may be stopping the
suspend to memory process.  I have a pc card that does that on my
system, and I'm using apm.

James McKenzie