[ltp] 3D accel freezes Xorg with Radeon Mobility 7500 with DRI enabled

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:42:17 +0100

Hi there,

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:03:01 +0100, Nick Bower <nick@nickbower.com> wrote:
> > But, when I run ANY application that needs 3D capabilities (glxgears,
> > tuxracer,tuxkart, boson, etc), X freezes. I have read in the archives that I
> > should use 16bpp color depth, wich doesn't work, or that I should set
> > MESA_NO_3DNOW=1, wich doesn't work either.

FWIW - I have the impression that DRI and Suspend won't work together.
On my X30, DRI apps hang after suspend-resume-cycle and I need to
restart X to get DRI working. My solution is: Normally work on one
non-DRI-XServer which keeps running over suspends, so I won't loose my
windows and stuff, and for playing or playing videos (xv - needs DRI)
I start a second XServer with DRI support.

HTH, Heiko

P.S: Intel Extreme chipset - Xorg 6.8.1.99 - CVS from Oct 2 2004 -
kernel 2.6.9 - Slackware 9.1