[ltp] X20 freezes on acpi suspend to RAM

Stefan Blum linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:54:19 +0100

On Monday 03 January 2005 16:19, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:05:17 +0100
>
> Stefan Blum <stefan.blum@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Is this a known behaviour and how can I get my X20 to wake out of
> > suspend? Or would you suggest to use APM instead - which would mean
> > compiling a new 2.6 kernel since when I tried using APM it just said my
> > kernel wouldnt support it.
> >
> > Thanks for your help in advance!
>
> I'm setting up an X20 for my wife at the moment and I know that APM works
> perfectly (suspend AND hibernate - nearly 100% reliably) using a 2.4
> series kernel. I'll try a 2.6 series kernel sometime this week and see how
> that goes.  This was under Fedora Core 1.  I've installed Fedora Core 3,
> on the X20, which comes with a 2.6.9 kernel, but have not finished
> configuring the machine yet.  I got to getting DRI enabled, then the
> holidays hit. :)

ok, let me know how things went for you... I'm currently compiling a 2.6.10
kernel with the ibm-acpi drivers built-in - although I doubt that this will
change anything. If acpi wont work after that I'll switch to APM on the 2.6
kernel...