[ltp] G41 ACPI Suspend to RAM

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:52:05 +0100

--=-Fo1ZJdzW/+sIdOL6IMW5

Hi,

> Above, when you mentioned "echo -n mem > /sys/power/sleep"  did you mean
> "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state" instead?  There is no /sys/power/sleep
> only state.

Yes, sorry, of course state is what i meant.

> I'm guessing my next course of action is just sending all my information
> over
> to http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net As the G41 is not even listed as
> compatible.

I think Boris will be happy about this.
However, i doubt your troubles here are really with ibm-acpi, since from
my understanding this is only triggering the events. Since your acpid
recieves the event everything regarding this seems to be fine. Your
trouble is that the suspend doesn't work. In fact, i think your echo or
something else with the script doesn't work.

The acpid log states that the script exits with exit code 1, which means
an error. The only call in your script is the echo line. The return code
(exit code) of the echo command is independent from what happens after
the "mem" gets written into /sys/power/state. This means that either
echo is not able to write into /sys/power/state or the execution of the
whole sleep.sh script fails.

Please check if your /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh is set to executable.
And if so try launching it manually from a root console and see if you
get any output.

Andr=E9.

--=-Fo1ZJdzW/+sIdOL6IMW5

--=-Fo1ZJdzW/+sIdOL6IMW5--