[ltp] X20 freezes on acpi suspend to RAM

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:07:49 +0100

--=-/rIVzl5qZWWhuh4Kn5/4

Hei,

> I'm setting up an X20 for my wife at the moment

Seems like it's X20 season. ;-)
I'm also setting one up right now...Gentoo. Still in expiremental phase,
as soon as i hav a new harddrive for the thing i'll get more serious.

>  and I know that APM works
> perfectly (suspend AND hibernate - nearly 100% reliably) using a 2.4
> series kernel. I'll try a 2.6 series kernel sometime this week and see ho=
> that goes.  This was under Fedora Core 1.  I've installed Fedora Core 3,
> on the X20, which comes with a 2.6.9 kernel, but have not finished
> configuring the machine yet.  I got to getting DRI enabled, then the
> holidays hit. :)

Are you on xorg or XFree? Which driver are you using for DRI?

I'm having good experiences with 2.6.9 APM. However, i'd prefer to use
ACPI but it interferes with the network card and prevents it from
working. I tried the pci=3Dnoacpi, noapic and nolapic options, but nothing
helps, except disabling acpi. Any hints are much appreciated.

Also i'll try 2.6.10 soon.

Andr=E9.

--=-/rIVzl5qZWWhuh4Kn5/4

--=-/rIVzl5qZWWhuh4Kn5/4--