[ltp] X40...Fedora Core 3 or Suse 9.2?

joshua timberman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:51:44 -0700

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:32:43 -0900, Kenneth Papp <kpapp@gi.alaska.edu> wrote:
> I just got an X40 and have been using Linux for about 3 years on my
> desktop.  I am most familiar with Fedora Core, although I have used
> Mandrake and Suse as well.  It seems from what I have read that Suse 9.2
> Pro supports many of the laptop's functions out of the box

I've used both SuSE 9.2 and Fedora Core 3 on my T41.  Either is nice
overall, but Fedora took extra work to get the WiFi working (madwifi
rpm required, SuSE worked out of the box). I think Fedora has come a
long way from the original release, and certainly a long way from Red
Hat 9.

I prefer SuSE overall, though.

--
prepare for down count.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 1.. off blast!