[ltp] G41 ACPI Suspend to RAM

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:28:53 +1100

--------------060800010302000406030204

Lupine wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 22:52 +0100, André Wyrwa wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>

>>>Above, when you mentioned "echo -n mem > /sys/power/sleep"  did you mean
>>>"echo -n mem > /sys/power/state" instead?  There is no /sys/power/sleep
>>>only state.
>>>

>>Yes, sorry, of course state is what i meant.
>>

>>>I'm guessing my next course of action is just sending all my information
>>>over
>>>to http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net As the G41 is not even listed as
>>>compatible.
>>>

>>I think Boris will be happy about this.
>>However, i doubt your troubles here are really with ibm-acpi, since from
>>my understanding this is only triggering the events. Since your acpid
>>recieves the event everything regarding this seems to be fine. Your
>>trouble is that the suspend doesn't work. In fact, i think your echo or
>>something else with the script doesn't work.
>>
>>The acpid log states that the script exits with exit code 1, which means
>>an error. The only call in your script is the echo line. The return code
>>(exit code) of the echo command is independent from what happens after
>>the "mem" gets written into /sys/power/state. This means that either
>>echo is not able to write into /sys/power/state or the execution of the
>>whole sleep.sh script fails.
>>
>>Please check if your /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh is set to executable.
>>And if so try launching it manually from a root console and see if you
>>get any output.
>>
>>André.
>>

>Just to make sure:
>
>#ls -lah /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh
>-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 46 2005-01-04 00:56 /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh
>
>#cat /sys/power/state
>standby mem disk
>
>#echo "mem" > /sys/power/state
>#cat /sys/power/state
>standby mem disk
>
>Is there some other kernel logging I could maybe turn on to see what is
>going on?
>
>-Lup

Edit /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh to add a single line like

echo "hello" > /tmp/acpi_test

then see if /tmp/acpi_test was created. This will show if sleep.sh is
being called.

(I just spent the holidays getting a T42p to work with acpi, etc). Only
thing that doesnt seem to work is DRI with x.org :/ Other than that the
transition from my T30 seems to have worked quite well :-)

--------------060800010302000406030204

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Lupine wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 22:52 +0100, Andr&eacute; Wyrwa wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi,

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Above, when you mentioned "echo -n mem &gt; /sys/power/sleep"  did you mean
"echo -n mem &gt; /sys/power/state" instead?  There is no /sys/power/sleep
only state.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Yes, sorry, of course state is what i meant.

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I'm guessing my next course of action is just sending all my information
over
to <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net">http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net</a> As the G41 is not even listed as
compatible.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I think Boris will be happy about this.
[...]

Andr&eacute;.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Just to make sure:

#ls -lah /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 46 2005-01-04 00:56 /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh

#cat /sys/power/state
standby mem disk

#echo "mem" &gt; /sys/power/state
#cat /sys/power/state
standby mem disk

Is there some other kernel logging I could maybe turn on to see what is
going on?

-Lup

  </pre>
Edit /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh to add a single line like <br>
echo "hello" &gt; /tmp/acpi_test<br>
then see if /tmp/acpi_test was created. This will show if sleep.sh is
being called. <br>
(I just spent the holidays getting a T42p to work with acpi, etc). Only
thing that doesnt seem to work is DRI with x.org :/ Other than that the
transition from my T30 seems to have worked quite well :-)<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">

  </pre>

--------------060800010302000406030204--