Too complicated? (was Re: [ltp] Xandros

Cynthia Eliason linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:33:51 -0500

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 6:26 am, SOTL wrote:
> You have made my point exactly above. To complicated for non tackies to
> attempt.

  www.walmart.com sells low-cost computer systems with Linux already
installed, you can get Linspire or Xandros last time I checked.    These
aren't stocked in the stores, you have to order and they will ship it to you.
I almost bought a new desktop computer there for less than $500 - but ended
up finding another Thinkpad on eBay instead.  (I'm just waiting for the UPS
truck to deliver it now!)    I plan to install Debian and will have help if I
need it, because I am a non-techie.  If I didn't have help I'd go with the
pre-install.

--
Cindy Eliason
Whitefield, N H

Currently using TP600 with RH9
Waiting for my TP A20M
Looking at a bare 701cs that I might like to play with if I can find parts
cheap, and good instructions for non-techies.  I bought it by mistake but
it's so cute I  just can't get rid of it.