[ltp] n00b question, what are your opinions?

Ben Damm linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:20:14 -0800

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 03:52:38PM -0800, Mike Cohen wrote:
> Just got a new t42 model 2373 3vu

Congrats on the purchase, I recently purchased a T42 as well, model 2378
RBU.  Much of the hardware is similar, including the Intel 2200BG.

> I don't care about the modem, and any of the sleep/resume functions
> since Ill mainly be using linux to test things like snort and other
> network apps.

Unfortunately, the recommended approach for getting your wireless to
work is the "ipw2200" project.  Since you are interested in airsnort
you'll need to put the wireless hardware into "monitor" mode, which
ipw2200 doesn't support yet.  Either that or I've missed something.  If
you get it to work please let me know or post to the list!  For normal
wireless operations it is working for me.

Cheers,
-Ben