[ltp] Battery drain in S3

Nick Bower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 12:07:30 +0100

--=-acHcT5VFnKXnU4DUCp2F

I can confirm that this parameter does not make a difference either on
my T42 either with the older radeon 7500, from console, X, etc.

However I've noticed that although the backlight is off, you can just
make out the console text when sleeping.  Using radeontool to turn off
the screen while sleeping does not change this situation - so I guess
it's no surprise the battery is being drained with this issue and
cdrom/network LEDs indicating these subsystems are still powered in some
way.  Doesn't sound like just the video's fault to me.

--=20
Nick Bower <nick@nickbower.com>

--=-acHcT5VFnKXnU4DUCp2F

--=-acHcT5VFnKXnU4DUCp2F--