Re[2]: [ltp] IBM Harddrive protection

Pbt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:49:40 +0100

--=-Z0T+p3yyP/vWEnzdseY2

Le mer 05/01/2005 =E0 17:42, Emmanuel Doguet a =E9crit :
> PH> From what I've read on this list, there's no support for the HD prote=
ction
> PH> under Linux. Furthermore, IBM has not released any information so the=
 linux
> PH> community could build a driver itself...
>=20
> So the protection not work ? It's not an hardware system who work with
> no  drivers  ?=20
No : you can easily check it listening the hard drive noise when
shocking it.

>  First,  I  think  that  under windows we have just the
> monitoring of this 'hardware' protection.
You can monitor it under windows, but it has to be enabled first in order t=
o work properly.
This would have been better for us to enable it and configure it in the bio=
s, but it's not=20
the case actually..

	Pierre

--=-Z0T+p3yyP/vWEnzdseY2
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e=2E?=

--=-Z0T+p3yyP/vWEnzdseY2--