[ltp] video output in T41

Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:14:31 -0500

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:25:05 +0100, Miguel Hermanns
<hermanns@tupi.dmt.upm.es> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm trying to watch a DVD using my T41 with Debian Sarge and connecting
> an external monitor to the vga output. After reading about the issue
> with the resolution and getting the correct 1024x768 on the monitor, I
> start xine and start reading from the DVD. In the LCD I get the film of
> the movie, but I get no film on the monitor (but everything else from
> GNOME is visible). Any idea how to solve it?

radeon only has 1 overlay.  It can either be sourced to crtc1 or
crtc2.  You have several options depending on what version of X you
are running.  for xfree86 4.3 or xorg 6.7 you can either disable clone
mode or set the overlayoncrtc2 option. with xorg 6.8.x or newer you
can either disable mergedfb or use the xv attribute XV_SWITCHCRT to
switch which crtc the overlay is sourced to.

Alex