[ltp] Question on swsusp2 and other ACPI trivia

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:25:15 +0100

To solve my 2.6.9-2.6.10-ACPI-APM deadlock I have now found the
following sensible solution:

Patched a 2.6.10 with the external swsusp2 and enabled ACPI including
the builtin ibm_acpi.

After setting up a few things I am delighted to be able to suspend to
HDD (let's call it hibernate ?) on my /dev/hda6 swap partition very
reliably.

Have a few questions though:

1) If I hibernate while pinging a site, upon resuming the ping does not
progress. If I interrupt it and relaunch all is fine. Normal ?

2) I have tied the lib button and the Fn-F4 to the "hibernate" command
script. Now I would like to do something cleaner and associate the
Fn+F12 button to my hibernate script but I cannot understand how.

A tail -f /var/log/acpid shows events triggered for lid or FnF4 but NOT
for FnF12 ... what am I missing ???

Last question: as I have compiled CPU throttling in my kernel, could I
bring the CPU to 600MHz when on battery (and maybe go on low LCD
luminosity) and back to 1600MHz when on AC (and full LCD brightness) ...
any examples ?

Thank you very much,
Bob