[ltp] Question on swsusp2 and other ACPI trivia

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:48:27 +0100

--=-VFrPZ/zziZIMJO3HDCEP

Hi,

> 1) If I hibernate while pinging a site, upon resuming the ping does not=20
> progress. If I interrupt it and relaunch all is fine. Normal ?

Think so.

> 2) I have tied the lib button and the Fn-F4 to the "hibernate" command=20
> script. Now I would like to do something cleaner and associate the=20
> Fn+F12 button to my hibernate script but I cannot understand how.
>=20
> A tail -f /var/log/acpid shows events triggered for lid or FnF4 but NOT=20
> for FnF12 ... what am I missing ???

Read the ibm-acpi README file and man acpid. Also you might want to have
a look at the example config files included with the tarball available
from ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net ,

> Last question: as I have compiled CPU throttling in my kernel, could I=20
> bring the CPU to 600MHz when on battery (and maybe go on low LCD=20
> luminosity) and back to 1600MHz when on AC (and full LCD brightness) ...=20
> any examples ?

Should work with throttling. See
cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/throttling .

Andr=E9.

--=-VFrPZ/zziZIMJO3HDCEP

--=-VFrPZ/zziZIMJO3HDCEP--