[ltp] IBM Harddrive protection

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:23:58 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, André Wyrwa wrote:

> > I read a description on IBM's web site.  There's a 3D accelerometer (or
> > three 1D accelerometers at right angles), and the driver integratrd
> > the output(s) of those to compute the position of the laptop.
>
> Could you please post the link?

I'm pretty sure it's

http://www.pc.ibm.com/presentations/us/thinkvantage/56/index.html?shortcut=aps&

if not take the appropriate link from

http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/think/thinkvantagetech.html

(requires Flash; the browser where Flash works won't show me the address on
demand, and vice versa)

That does say there's an accelerometer.  The bits about it being 3D and
integration are extrapolations, but those are the only way the hardware
could do what it does.

   Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who
   would keep all wine out of the country lest men should be drunk.
                                                 -- Oliver Cromwell