[ltp] Re: Re: help in troubleshooting ACPI drain with 2.6.10 please

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:24:10 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Jan-Hendrik Benter wrote:

> > On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Jan-Hendrik Benter wrote:
> > > I have T40p with Debian (Sarge) and 2.6.10 vanilla. In S3 it still uses
> > > about 2 watts per hour and is noticable warm.
> >
> > Check your units.  Watts = energy per time (specifically 1 Joule per
> > second).  Watts per hour doesn't make sense unless the power use is
> > accelerating.
>
> okay, thanks, you are right, but this is just a naming issue, problem
> remains:
>
> before: 34280 mWh
> after: 33140 mWh
> diff: -1140 mWh
> seconds: 2242 sec
> result: -1830 mW

           2242
2242 sec = ---- h = 0.6227 h
           3600

1830 mWh
-------- = 2938 mW = 2.938 W
0.6227 h

So your laptop uses power at the rate of 2.9 watts when suspended to RAM.

PISCES:  Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
You are the Lord of the Dance, no matter what those idiots at
work say.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_