[ltp] SOLVED: APM not waking up after prolonged sleep to RAM

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:02:55 +0100

As many of you might have read with both 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 kernels and
APM, my Thinkpad T40 (2373-92G) did not resume after being left in
suspend to RAM for a longish time (very approx. over 45 min).

Shorter sleeps went just fine and the machine restarted just perfectly
with it's brilliant GNOME desktop and X.

The solution was found in a BIOS setting.

In the config->power section, towards the bottom, there was a setting
which sounds like "Hibernate after suspend expires -> Enabled". I just
put this as Disabled and my TP woke up this morning like a young 6 years
old on Sunday morning :)

I'm happy :)

The power consumption is very good.

This is quite logical since something must have happened between a short
and long sleep. It was this suspend timer expiring.

Now I hopw this info will help people more kernel knowledgeble than me
to fix this once for all.

Peace and happiness to all,
Bob