[ltp] Question on swsusp2 and other ACPI trivia

Henrik Brix Andersen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:48:57 +0100

--=-qGeQiSEors1Cr0OkG/jX

Hi,

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 18:43 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> I have seen that I can enable the key by echoing enable and 0xffff to=20
> /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey

That's another option, yes. You could do that from an init script.

> But maybe it would be "cleaner" if I recompile the kernel with ibm_acpi=20
> as a module and load the module with /etc/modules ?? And how do I add=20
> the option you specify in this file ?

That is what I do. Simply put the line=20

	options ibm-acpi hotkey=3Denable,0xffff experimental=3D1

in your /etc/modules.conf file and run 'depmod -a'. You can leave out
the experimental part if you wish.

> PS Do you have a sample script catching the Fn+F12 and/or using Fn+F5 to=20
> cycvle through internal and external video ?

Yes, I've written a custom ACPI event handler for my X31. It's available
at http://dev.gentoo.org/~brix/files/x31.sh - note that the video
switching assumes you have a radeon chipset.

Sincerely,
Brix
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@gentoo.org>