[ltp] Question on swsusp2 and other ACPI trivia

Brian P. Flaherty linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:13:19 -0500

Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> writes:

> Nope Henrik,
> running Debian sid with my 2.6.10 kernel.

I'm running Debian testing and I've had Fn-F12 working for a little
while (2.6.8 and 2.6.9, I haven't tried 2.6.10 yet).  I have ibm_acpi
listed in /etc/modules, so it is loaded at start-up.  Then, I wrote
(or found somewhere, I don't remember) a little /etc/init.d script to
make sure it was fully enabled at start-up:

bxf4@gautama:/tmp$ cat /etc/init.d/ibm_acpi.sh
#! /bin/sh

## Here's an init file to make sure that ibm_acpi is working.

## If the ibm_acpi directory isn't present then exit.
[ -d /proc/acpi/ibm ] || exit 0

## If it is, enable the hotkeys.

echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey

echo "Enabled ibm_acpi hotkeys"

I do this in rc2.d as S20 and acpid starts at S50.  Enabling the keys
has to occur before acipd starts, or else I don't think acpid saw the
events.

Brian