[ltp] installing a mini pci g card in a thinkpad t23

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:41:51 -0800

I've found a few references to this online and a few on usenet.  Has
anyone installed a minipci card like a ipw2200-based card in a
thinkpad t23 that did not have a card installed initially?  I have a
t23 that has a slot but I gather it has no antennas built in.  I found
antennas online (ebay) and they are pretty cheap.  I think the
antennas run up through the screen sides but one of the ebay antennas
claim you can install within the mini-pci slot and not require laptop
dis-assembly.

I'm running a 2.6.10 kernel on that laptop so would like to use the
ipw2200 driver with the firmware and hotplug.

Thanks!

--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com