[ltp] T41: garbled screen

Carl-Fredrik Enell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:14:19 +0200

Hi all,
I would also like to know what that garble looks like. I experienced
the same problem when I first got my T41p one year ago (some of you on the
list might remember my questions at that time).

My "garble" looked the same in Linux and in WinXP (however, it did not
appear in Windo$ unless the colour depth was increased from 16 to 24 bits) -
green lines or streaks all over the screen. I ran a memory test which
revealed that the graphics memory was broken. The repair took three
weeks of waiting for a new motherboard (which had to be ordered from
the factory).

Regards
Carl-Fredrik
Carl-Fredrik Enell
Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory
Tähteläntie 62
FIN-99600 Sodankylä, Finland

http://www.sgo.fi/~fredrik
Telephone (work):	(+358) (0)16  619826
Mobile phone (private): (+358) (0)400 820037