[ltp] OSD with tpb not working with T30, xorg, gentoo & KDE

Shaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:48:16 -0800

Hi Joe,

On Friday 07 January 2005 11:15 am, Joe LaPenna wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:25:28 -0800, Shaw <shawv@comcast.net> wrote:
> > problem only occured when I loaded an application that sourced my
> > .bashrc. Is there a problem with these lines?
> > there, but that didn't work either.  Any ideas there?
>
> You can use the stuff in your quotes after the -e as the lines in your
>  .Xmodmap, is that what you were doing, or where you putting the whole
> command verbatim in the .Xmodmap file.

I was putting the commands in my .bashrc.  I've now moved the contents,
without the xmodmap call, to a file called ~/.Xmodmap which I xmodmap from
the kde Autostart directory right before I invoke tpb.  This isn't ideal, but
it does prevent the deadlock.

> Although, tpb controls program execution for your super cool thinkpad
> function keys, and I don't know what your xmodmap mappings do.

..add support for the previous page/next page web-browsing keys located next
to the arrow keys.  The other command, I believe, adds support for the
4th/5th buttons on my mouse.

So, as it stands everything works, but the deadlock is reproducable.  Unless
someone can convince me that this deadlock is expected, I'll grab the xmodmap
code and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Thanks for your help,
Shaw