[ltp] DSL connection on a20m

Cynthia Eliason linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:23:54 -0500

 My "new" Thinkpad arrived, and  I installed SimplyMepis sucessfully.  But I
can't get on the Internet with it so am still using the old Thinkpad 600 with
Red Hat 7.something ...   The DSL modem is connected to another computer,
and the Thinkpad is connected to that computer with ethernet.   The TP 600
connection works just fine, but the A20M doesn't.   It says it has a
connection,  but it can't find any web sites.

   Oh, also - I booted to Windows to see if the connection worked there and it
is the same - knows about the eth0 connection but can't get on the Internet.
I did get the computer  to go on the Web one time, after booting from the
Knoppix CD.   But then when I went back into Mepis it didn't work.  And when
I tried again with Knoppix I haven't been able to get it to work again.

 Any suggestions appreciated - I'm just a Linux user, no technical knowledge -
though I'm told that having two computers on my desk means I am becoming a
geek.

--
Cindy Eliason
Whitefield, NH