[ltp] fingerprint reader & linux

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Jan 2005 02:17:10 -0500

> I'm not sure what hardware the thinkpad uses for the fingerprint
> scanner, but handhelds.org has code for the fingerprint scanner in the
> h5xxx ipaqs.  Might be a good starting point for those that are
> interested.

I have both the T42p and an iPAQ 5455 with fingerprint scanner.  I must
say that the scanner in the iPAQ is completely unreliable and almost
always fails to scan properly, while the T42p seems to be about 95%
accurate.
Also, their appearance is different.  They could be the same vendor, but
different models...at this point it's just speculation.