[ltp] DSL connection on a20m

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 08:48:28 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Lyndon Tiu wrote:

> On January 8, 2005 07:23 pm, Cynthia Eliason wrote:
> > The DSL modem is connected to another
> > computer, and the Thinkpad is connected to that computer with ethernet.
> > The TP 600 connection works just fine, but the A20M doesn't.   It says it
> > has a connection,  but it can't find any web sites.

> Check DNS under:
>
> /etc/resolv.conf

If you can contact hosts by IP address but not by name suspect this.

> Check default gateway:
>
> netstat -rn
>
> The default should point at the middleman machine that connects to the
> internet.

If you can contact middleman machine but not machines beyond it (including
your DNS server) suspect this.

--
-eben      ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm      home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
An ASCII character walks into a bar and orders a double. "Having a bad day?"