[ltp] Re: Re: Re: help in troubleshooting ACPI drain with 2.6.10 please

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:24:52 +0100

Volker Braun wrote:
> A while ago I compiled various reports on different models, and apparently
> the T41p does not display this bug. It might be useful to have more data
> points in order to isolate the bug. Can everyone who is/is not affected
> email me his precise model number, then I'll post the result in the kernel
> bugzilla.
>
> Affected by bug:
> T41  2379-DJU
> T40  2373-MU3
> T40  2373-92U
> T40p 2373-G1U
>
> Not affected:
> T41p 2373-GKG
>
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:49:53 +0100, Martin Man wrote:
>
>>right, 2.6.9-1-686, TP41p 2373-GGG

mine is affected and is 2373-92G which is the Italian language group of
the 2373-92U

Did you read about the distantly related fact I have found (APM not
resuming after sleep to RAM longer that about 1 hour). Turned out to be
a BIOS setting (something like hibernate when suspend timer expired). I
believe that we should also collect the BIOS levels and power related
settings.

I can provide a wiki page for this if you think is a good idea.

Bob