[ltp] KDE3.3 and running fan

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:10:30 -0500

> Hi,
>
> > One thing you can check, are you running "DynamicClocks"?
>
> do you consider it possible, that I have to recompile radeon_drv.o and
> ati_drv.o for some reason? Altough DynamicClocks seems to be working
> (according to the X11 log)? Is there a possibility to check, whether it's
> really doing its job? Maybe one can read out the GPU's frequency? Or the GPU
> temperature?

no.  you shouldn't have to re-compile the X server when you upgrade
your desktop libraries.  If DynamicClocks worked before it's not going
to stop working when you upgrade your desktop.  It's possible the new
version of KDE uses render or 3D accel more heavy than before causing
the GPU to be working harder.

Alex