[ltp] Re: T41, cdrom, 2nd hard drive in ultra bay

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:04:01 -0500

On Thursday 06 January 2005 12:59 pm, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:

> > =A0>try ibm-acpi (http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/)
> > =A0>#echo eject >http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/
> > =A0.
> > oops, i mean
> > #echo eject >/proc/acpi/ibm/bay
>
> Sorry, is wasn't very clear in my statement. I mean that hdparm/idectl
> never manages to unregister the ide device (its still there after
> issuing the required commands). Since this should be done before echoing
> the eject command, i think this isn't a solution.

Thanks to everyone that helped point me in the right direction, I can now=20
hotswap, although I lose dma support, so it isn't worth doing yet.  I haven=
't=20
found a solution for that yet in my googling, but at least I know what to=20
look for now.
=2D-=20
/g