[ltp] Projected external display truncated.

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:26:25 +0100

Hi Bob,

Bob Alexander wrote:

> Problem is that whatever resolution set in GNOME for the LCD display,
> the image sent to the projector appears to be cut, missinh 1/5th or so
> if the left region and the top GNOME panel.
>
> For the rest the projected display would be very very good.
>
 > [...]
>
> I have set the internal display to match the 1280x1024 capability of the
> projector and also tried some radeontool stretch commands but the
> invisible are persists.

I've had the exact same problems with my T42 (2373-WBZ).  Also
regardless of whether I use cloning or MergedFB.  Interestingly, the
configuration worked on a CRT monitor.

The only thing I can think of, and I think somebody on this list
suggested this a while back, is to change the HSync and VSync settings
for the external port.  I'm not sure how to check these frequencies for
the 2nd port (xrandr says the laptop lcd runs at 50Hz), but next time I
try, I'll play with the "CRT2HSync" and "CRT2VRefresh" settings.

I'd be interested in your results, of course. ;)

regards,
michael