[ltp] mplayer

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:44:09 -0500

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 12:33, after a long battle with technology,
Pino Giaquinto wrote:
> has someone installed mplayer in fc3 to see dvd?
> is this [mplayer] the best dvd player for fc3??

Hell no.  mplayer's DVD menu support is almost totally useless.  xine is
a much better DVD player for normal usage since it supports menus.
There are probably RPMs available for xine on your distro CDs, though
you may need to install libdvdcss to play normal CSS-encrypted DVDs.

--
 As a dog stood outside the gate of a temple, the Buddha called to him,
 "Dog, why do you not enter?" The dog looked back and replied, "I do not