[ltp] KDE3.3 and running fan

Moritz Karbach linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:24:15 +0100

Ok,

here is the current status:

I ran about 2 hours without any X (/etc/init.d/xfree86-common stop), and=20
therefore without any KDE.

The first hour I was charging the battery, and the cpu temperature was abou=
t=20
43 =B0C.

The second hour the battery was charged, and the temperature dropped to 35=
=B0C.

And, you may guess it, the fan was always running.

I checked laptop-mode.conf and turned LAPTOP_MODE_ALWAYS_ON on, because AC =
was=20
still plugged in. After restart of laptop-tools: No change.

Then I installed hdparm, since it is referenced by laptop-tools. Reboot: No=
=20
change.

I guess I wouldn't be this annoyed if the fan hadn't been quiet before this=
=20
major dist-upgrage (which installed KDE3.3 among other things)...