[ltp] T42 Win XP RescueRecovery from CD hung

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:23:49 +0800

Thanks Otis for your experience!

Sorry it was my mistake.  The "take a few minutes" of the progress bar
actually took 10 minutes.  I was just impatient and thought it was hung.

So if the RescueRecovery tools are at the end of the shipped drive of
the T42, a brand-new formatted drive won't be able to perform any
Recovery even if I have made the CDs, unless I copy such partition to
the new drive, right?  It doesn't matter really much, because I plan to
just keep the shipped 40GB as backup drive.

Thanks,
-
kelvin.