[ltp] T23, ibm-acpi and UltraBay hotswapping

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:50:15 +0100

--=-F4pZX6wyjslj8wRDKPVp

Hi,

> I just tried a kernel 2.6.10 with ACPI support and ibm-acpi, because I
> wanted to test UltraBay hotswapping on my T23. I ejected the DVD-ROM
> drive (after echo eject > /proc/acpi/ibm/bay and the UltrBay LED went
> off) and re-inserted it. Then I did mount /cdrom, the drive spins up,
> and the machine freezes.

Did you use idectl or hdparm to unregister the device? Echoing eject
to /proc/acpi/ibm/bay is not enough, since it only tells the ThinkPads
ACPI interface that the drive is ready for being removed. Prior doing
this you should unregister the device at the systems IDE driver. To do
this, use idectl/hdparm.

Andr=E9.

--=-F4pZX6wyjslj8wRDKPVp

--=-F4pZX6wyjslj8wRDKPVp--