[ltp] Re: help in troubleshooting ACPI drain with 2.6.10 please

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:05:43 +0100

--=-8i65m3j4sLB2q3IWAZ2w

Hei,

> The script tells me that my T42p is not affected, but I think it contains=
 a=20
> sign error. $BAT_AFTER - $BAT_BEFORE is negative, but the difference shou=
ld be=20
> positive when compared to 1000.

True, thanks, fixed it.

> BTW, if I suspend to ram my Thinkpad produces a high pitched noise which =
is=20
> disturbing and probably it would save some battery power if it stopped do=
ing=20
> it. :-) Has anyone any idea what produces the sound and how to turn it of=
f?=20
> Removing the DVD drive does not help.

While we are at high pitch noises...i experienced that my T41p produces
a high pitch noise (not loud, but recognisable during a quiet night)
when shut down and being connected to AC while the battery is fully
charged. Maybe related?

Andr=E9.

--=-8i65m3j4sLB2q3IWAZ2w

--=-8i65m3j4sLB2q3IWAZ2w--