[ltp] Projected external display truncated.

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:07:50 +0100

morpheus wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 16:35 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>Problem is that whatever resolution set in GNOME for the LCD display,
>>the image sent to the projector appears to be cut, missinh 1/5th or so
>>if the left region and the top GNOME panel.
>>

> Are you using xinerama, clone or MergedFB?

Ehm ehm, seems I have to learn something new ... don't understand what
those terms mean :(

Here is my current XF86Config-4 hoping it would make sense to you more
experienced, genial and generous supernatural virtual entities :)

TIA
Bob

Section "ServerFlags"
         #Option "DontZap" "true"
EndSection

Section "Files"
         FontPath        "unix/:7100"                    # local font server
         # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
EndSection

Section "Module"
         Load    "GLcore"
         Load    "bitmap"
         Load    "dbe"
         Load    "ddc"
         Load    "dri"
         Load    "extmod"
         Load    "freetype"
         Load    "glx"
         Load    "int10"
         Load    "record"
         Load    "speedo"
         Load    "type1"
         Load    "vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
         Driver          "keyboard"
         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
         Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc102"
         Option          "XkbLayout"     "it"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "CorePointer"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
         Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon R250 Lf [Radeon
Mobility 9000 M9]"
         Driver          "ati"
         Option          "Accel"
         Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
         Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "1"
         #Option          "AGPFastWrite"          "1"
         Option          "HWCursor"              "1"
         Option          "DDCMode"               "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
         HorizSync       30-65
         VertRefresh     50-75
         Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "Default Screen"
         Device          "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon R250 Lf [Radeon
Mobility 9000 M9]"
         Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
         DefaultDepth    24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth           24
                 Modes           "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1024x768"
         EndSubSection
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth           16
                 Modes           "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1024x768"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "Default Layout"