[ltp] Projected external display truncated.

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:02:42 +0100

ben wrote:
> Oops...  lost a keystroke.  The solution was that of Klaus Weidner (on
> 2004-11-05) and allowed dynamic plugging and unplugging of monitors,
> projectors, etc, and looked very cool.

Ben,
thank you very much. Other than being off by one year (2003-11-05) that
append looks very interesting albeit a little complicated :)

> I've just been using a dual-head configuration (non-Xinerama).  When X
> hears about 2 monitors on start-up, they are both configured properly
> for reasons that I don't pretend to understand.  But it's very cool to
> be able to display a presentation to one monitor (DISPLAY=:0.1 if
> you're not using Xinerama) and run it from the other (wherein you can
> start demos, movies, etc).  Much more versatile than mirroring,
> although you have to restart X if you want to share mouse/keyboard
> conveniently :(

Could you share your XFconfig-4 (on the list or send it directly if you
wish).

TIA,
Bob