[ltp] Projected external display truncated.

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:38:36 -0500

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:18:27 +0100, Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> wrote:
> Alex Deucher wrote:
> > Bob,
> >
> >      what version of X are you running?  Also, it's probably more
> > helpful if you could post your X log somewhere.
> >
> > Alex
>
> O almighty supernatural guru :)
>
> X is Debian's sid current 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1
>
> You could see my X config, log and most other settings of my machine on
> this page: http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/2610 (the
> log specifically is at
> http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/download/Debian/2610/t40.X.4.3.0.dfsg.1.log)

ok, the crt port is being driven by the same display controller that
is driving the LCD.  Perhaps the mode for the LCD is a bit funky for
the projector.  What you can try is running teh crt port with the
second controller.  to do that you'll need to set up cloning in your
config.  It's been a while since I used 4.3, so I don't recall the
options offhand, but read through the radeon man page and you should
be able to get it going.  You'll need to force clone mode on and
probably set the clone hsync and vrefresh since the project doesn't
provide DDC data.  I don't recall if 4.3.0 had the monitorlayout
option, but you'll probably need to set that to force both displays
on, something like:
Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, CRT"

Good luck!

Alex