[ltp] UsbMouse and 2.6.10

Ruben Jenster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:37:15 +0100

--nextPart1118354.yxksVGXo9Y

I don't think it is a kernel problem,
The reason may be that you use the same input device for your usb mouse and=
=20
touchpad/trackpoint (/dev/input/mice).

You  should define seperate devices for your input devices in xorg.conf.
Then the usb mouse won't use the same acceleration as the trackpoint.

You can see wich device is used by which input device if you cat the the=20
devices (mouse0, mouse1) in /dev/input/ and move the mouse and/or trackpoin=
t.
 =20
this is my config (the trackpoint will have 2D scrolling:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Trackpoint"
        Driver "mouse"
        Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"   !!!
 Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option          "YAxisMapping"  "4 5"
        Option          "XAxismapping"  "6 7"
        Option          "EmulateWheelButton"    "2"
        Option          "EmulateWheel"  "true"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"
        Option          "EmulateTimeout"        "50"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

        Identifier      "USB Wheel Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Buttons" "7"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"  !!!
        Option          "Name" "Autodetection"
        Option          "Protocol" "imps/2"
        Option          "Vendor" "Sysp"

EndSection

ruben

Am Wednesday, 12. January 2005 18:33 schrieb Olek A.:
> Hello,
>
> I compiled my custom 2.6.10 kernel on a T23 Thinkpad machine.
> I found that use of my Sony usbmouse /as a secondary mouse/ became a litt=
le
> unpredictable.
> Now it is too sensitive in motion and acceleration and single click behav=
es
> often as double click. It is confusing.
>
> How can I fix that ? Maybe some usb module needs rework before kernel
> compiling ?
>
> Regards, Olek Ansion

=2D-=20
We are the LUsers - my friends=20