[ltp] WLAN adapter: Intel or IBM?

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:52:11 -0500

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 10:57 +0100, Christian Gruber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm planning to buy a ThinkPad, and now I'm wondering which WLAN adapter
> is better supported with Linux: The Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, or the
> IBM 11a/b/g Wi-Fi Wireless?

Christian,
It is common netiquette to first search the archives of a mailing list
for relevant information before posting a question.
This question has been debated many times on this list, most recently a
vary detailed thread a few months ago.
To search, just use google and type:
site:linux-thinkpad.org keywords
For example, site:linux-thinkpad.org intel wireless atheros
Gives lots of great hits.

FYI, the thread we had a few months ago is here:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2004-
September/019699.html

-m