[ltp] IBM RAM Memory

Tom Power linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:45:46 -0500

Guillermo:

Take a look at 1-800 memory, they have a compatible database on their
website.
Good place to buy from as well. (I am not affiliated with them except as a
happy customer)
http://www.18004memory.com/

Tom

Guillermo Latorre <superwillyfoc@rastafurbi.org>
Sent by: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
01/12/2005 03:23 PM
Please respond to
linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org

linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
cc

Subject
[ltp] IBM RAM Memory

Hi!

I have a T41 IBM Thinkpad with 256MB of memory. I want to have some more
RAM as long as I had money to afford it...

I checked IBM's website looking for my computer's memory type and 512MB
cost about 170 euros (I can afford that...). A Giga is too expensive,
about 500 euros.

What I would like to know is if there is any kind of RAM memory
available
apart from the IBM one. I would also like to know if it's reliable and
cheap enough to think about the change, if generic RAM works well and so
on...

I've taken a look around but haven't found much and what I've found
isn't quite trust worthy.

Thank you

Bye!