[ltp] R40 Hangs during post cd detection and blinking caps lock

Kurt Humes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:10:03 -0800 (PST)

I have a Thinkpad R40 Running Slackware 9.1.
It has a removable cdrw/dvd drive.  Last spring the
system would hang during post while detecting the cd
drive.  The laptop worked fine without it for a while
but then I started getting bios error messages like
system timer error.  I sent it back to IBM and they
replaced the system board which fixed the problem.
But now it is happening again.  It no longer boots
with the cd drive, I have not gotten the bios error
messages yet but every once in a while the system will
freeze and the caps lock led will start blinking.
Wondering if anyone has had similar problems or maybee
something is not configured properly and is causing
these problems.

Thanks
Kurt Humes