[ltp] Re: Is there is way to have a better resolution than 1024x768 on a R51 ??

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:22:53 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 13.01.2005, 11:01 +0100 schrieb MG:
> Hi List,
>
> I bought a new Think Pad R51 model with ATI 7500. I can not get a better
> resolution than 1024x768 with Xorg on Fedora Core 3 on the LCD 15"
> screen...
> Is there a way someone know to get something better ? Do I have to change
> something ? I tried a lot of settings in my xorg.conf but unsuccessfully.
> It says in the Xorg.0.log that the screen can not do better than 1024x768.
> How is it possible as this is a beautiful 15" screen ?...
> I have setted the bios to use AGP and internal screen as default display.

As you might know or not, pixel resolution on TFT screens mostly depends
on the make and not the measure. Your TFT might actually have only
1024x768 active pixels if you bought a cheap R51 variant, so that there
would be no point in trying a higher resultion. Please consult your data
sheets and/or manual to look up the actual TFT pixel count and report
it.

br,
	Fionn
--
Software patents    -  not allowed in Europe | See whats going on:
Archiving Email     -  patented in Europe    | http://freepatents.org/