[ltp] Is there is way to have a better resolution than 1024x768 on a R51 ??

roger21 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:33:14 +0100

MG a écrit :
> Hi List,
>
> I bought a new Think Pad R51 model with ATI 7500. I can not get a better
> resolution than 1024x768 with Xorg on Fedora Core 3 on the LCD 15"
> screen...
>
> Is there a way someone know to get something better ? Do I have to change
> something ? I tried a lot of settings in my xorg.conf but unsuccessfully.
> It says in the Xorg.0.log that the screen can not do better than 1024x768.
> How is it possible as this is a beautiful 15" screen ?...
> I have setted the bios to use AGP and internal screen as default display.
>
> Please help, thanks.
>
> Maxime

what is the native resolution of your machine? (if usure check the ibm
web site with your model number - 28xxxxx - some of the x are letters)
there's a lot of r51/ati7500/15" with a 1024x768 max resolution